Wednesday, November 24, 2010

connecting for connecting's sake

I'm not using Twitter or Facebook, perhaps because I'm not so comfortable with networking for networking's sake. Now I'm using Academia.edu because I want to read the other people's papers. If there was SoundCloud in 2006, I couldn't have started using Myspace Music. These days many link Twitter to Myspace, and when logging in Myspace I always find someone updating every hour. It is annoying.

But I understand the fact that Twitter and Facebook are useful for many, especially, business users. They are swelling because they are swelling. The idea of Diaspora seems interesting, because it seems to me that it shows that so many people care about social networking sites.

I assume general social networking sites inherently have a dilemma: their purpose has to remain ambiguous in order to function.

No comments:

Post a Comment